Friday, June 29, 2012

Flag cake

 http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022861586/
 http://sabbyinsuburbia.blogspot.com/2010/07/happy-belated-4th-of-july.html



First you need to bake sugar cooke dough onto a greased pizza pan. I used a pre made dough.  We rolled our dough out onto the cookie sheet and I baked it at 325 (just under the recommended temperature because it's a little thicker) for about 25 minutes until the edges were golden brown. While it was cooling we made some icing. Cut up the strawberries and wash the blueberries. Set aside. It was pointed out to me that Banana's looked more yellow than white and I couldn't use them. I love six year olds :)


For the icing combine
  • 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 4 oz (1/2 an 8 oz container) frozen whipped topping, thawed 
  •  
When the cookie is cooled, ice the cookie  and add the blue berries and strawberries to make a flag. I was the only one who wanted cream cheese icing... so I had to cut a small piece of the cookie off and make a mini flag.  I have a lot of cream cheese icing left over. Guess I need to make cinnamon rolls- oh darn ;)
The glaze for the fruits to stay fresh:
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
  • Pinch of salt

No comments:

Post a Comment