Monday, March 18, 2013

Barn yard animal hats

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915024621031/
bhg.com

So, if you're following you know my daughters class is doing a barnyard theme and the end unit is an actual hoedown. We've already made the barn cut back drop for the picture opportunity. Now it was time to make the silly hats.

The original post says to measure a party hat and trace it out bigger onto a new sheet of paper. I tried that:


It's took small for some reason. once it's measure onto a childs head (something I should have done BEFORE running 100 off!)That's about when I freaked out because I had already run 100 off on the schools copy machine. That's when I got the idea to wrap the paper my own way and measure it on my daughters head. It fit! So, I just cut all the hats out myself. here is a new template on a 9x12 piece of construction paper. To cut costs, we did not use foam. I used construction paper. I also did not make sheep because of the cost of cotton balls
:


Next, came the "faces"of the animals, which the original site does not give you. Thankfully I can cut out things and "eye" it. So, I did. Because of that, I'm sharing this with you:

COW:
 
Snout:
 
Ears:
Horns:

Bend slightly at base

PIGGIE:

Snout
Ears
Bend at base, curl the tops

 


DUCK:

BILL

The light line is where you fold. The triangle in it, is to help with the bend.

FEATHERS:
 The lighter lines are the fold marks. You will have to get the tops to line up.

For the mean time we taped them together. Eventually we will glue them or staple it all together.

OTHER ACTIVITIES WE ARE DOING FOR OUR HOEDOWN:

farm animal hats,
 barn door back drop.
Twig frame
Salt Dough animals
Pony rides
Petting zoo
Lasso the cows (Cow cut outs and hula hoops)
Line Dancing
Sack races
Horse shoes





No comments:

Post a Comment