Friday, September 20, 2013

Vanellope Hair clips

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/195765915025632345/
Visit sarcasticcrafting.blogspot.com


Ah, Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck it Ralph captured our hearts upon first meeting her in just the previews for the movie last year. After going back and forth on who she wanted to be for Halloween, the Banana finally chose  Vanellope (Sorry, Wonder Woman...you'll have to wait). I thought the clips were going to be difficult, but they turned out to be pretty easy.
 
I purchased polymer clay from Wal*Mart and  shaped them with fondant cutters and by hand. I didn't make the gummy bears (although they were cute) we made cupcakes instead. My first batch I accidentally burned when I was cooking them because I forgot to set a timer. The second batch came out not only not burned, but better looking. After they had cooled I glued them onto black bobbi pins and let them set. Originally I tried to glue them to white hair clips I purchased at Michaels but the "base" was too visible and we quickly pulled them off and re-glued them to the bobbi pins.

For the licorice hair tie I took a rectangular piece of red fabric, sewed 3 of the 4 sides closed, turned it right side out and then added pipe cleaners (to make it stiff)


For the cookie necklace, I rolled out a very thin layer of tan and made a teal with blue, green and white. I used a cookie cutter for both (trimming down the blue afterward) Then I added some red and white sprinkles and I made "pipping" by thinning the white as best as I could. The writing was by far the most difficult of the whole outfit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment