Monday, August 27, 2012

American Girl Doll Hula Hoop

http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2011/06/soulful-mothering-with-elizabeth-mitchel.html
http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022452077/


Alright, so as I've already mentioned my daughters really want McKenna's gym accessories . We already have a leotard from American Girl and we really don't need to get another one. A couple of days ago I made the  ribbon dancer. Today we're making the Hula hoop.

First I went to Lowe's (because during one of the Lowes Build and Grow workshops I got a free $5 gift card!) and the nice people there cut 2 sets of polyethylene pipe measuring 32inches each (about  22 cents a foot) . I also bought the connector pieces for 88 cents each. The most expensive part of this was the duct tape (about $5 each). Still I'm spending way less on two than I would on one at the actual store.

First I had to  take the tubing and heat the end up in hot water.

 Then push the attachment piece in. Repeat to other side- Careful it's kinda hot!!

You should have a circle now


This is the harder part, because if you're like me you want the wrapping of to look smooth

*Tip start the duck tape at an angle, or you'll end up getting bumps like the Hello Kitty one and if you're like me you'll take it off and start over:




Ta da! The dolls will be ready for their gymnastics competitions very soon!




My other American Girl items:
school supplies
feel better kit  (Just like McKenna's!)
head band
Minnie Mouse ears
sleeping bags
sleeping mask
pillow dress
accessories
pet accessories

**If you found this funny, useful or both, please follow me. I get a little lonely! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment