Monday, February 27, 2012

Clone of the Cinnabon

Pintrest objective: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915021963560/




What you'll need:
  • 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup margarine, melted
  • 4 1/2 cups bread flour (can substitute regular flour for this: check here.)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (also regular yeast)
If you're iffy about this recipe. Try my  Grandpa Minick's Famous Sticky Buns dough.

Inside the dough
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
Icing:
  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. I on the other hand, don't have a microwave right now... So I had to do it "old school".


So the geek in me was watching the yeast rise... I actually caught it on film. I think it's pretty awesome...but that's beside the point.


Mix in the sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well.


  (Anyone who knows me from my blog: Sew Crafty mommy knows Pascal from Tangled, lives in my kitchen)


Put in greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. If your house is not warm, turn it on to the lowest setting and let it heat. Then turn it off and place the dough inside.

Before. 
 After:



Punch dough down and on buttered surface (trust me. My grandpa was a genius). roll out the dough.


Sprinkle sugar mixture on


Roll up and place in greased pan ans cut them.

Let rise in oven for another 30 minutes
 Before:


After:


After the rolls have risen once again. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving. 




For a  caramel glaze, try my Grandpa's recipe at the top.

Want to be festive? try adding food coloring to the mix before letting it rise:


Verdict?  * * * * * Five Stars! I love the icing. It tastes SO much like Cinnabon it's freaky.  Thanks to Pintrest I'm never going to have to eat out again!

If you found this fun or helpful, please follow me. It gets a little lonely over here thinking that I'm talking to myself. 


 I think my grandpa's roll recipe is better...but I also miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment