Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fathers Day Mug

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915025102794/
Visit gifts.personalcreations.com


My husband liked this mug and had mentioned her wanted it for Fathers Day. Now, I'm typically up for a cute personalized gift, but I'm even more so up to a challenge of doing it myself. I didn't really like that you couldn't pick more than one head for the little girls- plus neither of them looked like me kids.So, we went to Michaels with a 50% off coupon and bought the Creatology mug for $1.07. I know it's a little smaller than the one pictured, but he doesn't drink as much coffee as I do :)

Using the Sharpie on ceramic technique:
http://pinterest.com/pin/137782069821460886/

 



We were set! I wrote on it with the saying " 2 reasons I love being a DAD" onto the mug (thankfully if you mess up you can just SOS pad the mistakes off!) Then I drew 2 heads and with colored sharpies let the girls finish coloring in their faces.

We baked it for 30 minutes in the oven (350 or 325) The only problem we ran into is the yellow came off because we had originally used a generic Sharpie. So we had to re apply the yellow in real sharpie and bake it a second time.

EDITED: After washing it and drying it, the sharpie is coming off!!! Super sad that this is not working. We'll have to paint it on and re-bake it :(

OTHER IDEAS:
Gift Bag
Fathers Day Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment