Saturday, August 17, 2013

Baby Doll carrier

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915025513160/
Visit sunscholars.com

 

WOW. That's all I have to say. The original blogger was so  detailed that I really don't think I can even remotely top her!  I really do recommend going back to her page, you can visit her by clicking the top link.I Started by choosing one of our bigger dolls, Minnie and laying her out onto 3 pieces of paper, which I later learned really only needed to be two... that third bottom piece ended up being taped to the middle piece at half way mark.

 
 after cutting out the fleece (I opted out for the batting) I made the strips for the straps and sewed them (longer because my daughter is tall.. This was also a problem and I had to take them in. I suggest sticking with the original posters of 5''x25'')

 

When I finished cutting and prepping the straps, I sewed most of the "base" together (excluding all sides and where the straps go--see original poster for more details). Next I turned it right side out and attached the straps and sides (folding in raw edges to look nicer) and sewed it all together.

My daughter loves it, although she puts Nora (the smaller baby) in it. Now that I know for sure I can make this, I'll be making a second one for my 1 1/2 year old niece later!

No comments:

Post a Comment