Tuesday, August 13, 2013

American Girl Super Hero

http://theresasmixednuts.blogspot.com/2012/10/american-girl-super-heros.html
http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915025113267/



Obviously there is a bit of a trend in my pins. They all involve superheros. Naturally our American Girl dolls needed some costumes too! I saw these pins and the idea. Then took them a step farther! The first thing I did after buying felt and fabric in the right colors and cut them out.

All of the tops made have the same pattern (found : Simple Dress) The tutu's are all "no sew" to make them look here: Witch Costume

I admit the emblem is a little bigger than it should have been, but when cutting it out with the felt I was thinking how small it was!



The mask was made by tracing the face size onto a piece of paper,  drawing a "Batman" styled mask, then cutting it out with felt and attaching elastic.


Originally for Batgirl we had a pull over mask. It was extremely delicate and after the first use my daughter made the eye holes misshaped.




To add the stars onto Wonder Woman's skirt,  headband and bracelets (http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915025105865/)
I traced my fondant cookie cutter onto the felt. To make the "lasso of truth" I took 3 long pieces of yarn and braided them together.
 Originally we also made Wonder Womans with a skirt. However I could tell my oldest wanted her dolls skirt to be a tutu also, and I had the extra tulle so I made an extra skirt for her.
I'm now thinking of making it a leotard like it should be and then the skirt can just be added over it anyway.
 
 Hawkgirl was by far the hardest costume to make. But I did and I'm sorry it's my well kept secret since she has nothing to do with the pin.




We know Spider-man is not Justice League or even DC comics...but we just like him :)

Here are some more of my American Girl Doll items to brows:
Simple Dress
Witch Costume
school supplies
feel better kit  (Just like McKenna's!)
Gymnastics accessories  (Just like McKenna's!)
head band
Minnie Mouse ears
sleeping bags
sleeping mask
pillow dress
accessories
pet accessories



**********If you found this fun/helpful/cool or anything in between, please consider flowing me and getting in on all of the fun!*************

1 comment:

  1. I found you on Pintrest. I am very new to Pinterest and have no idea if purchasing something is an option but I love the Hawkgirl American Girl doll you created. My 4 year old is a Hawkgirl fan and I would love to get her such a doll or doll costume. I would have no idea of how to make such a thing. Do you sell them? You can reach me at (901) 289-4222 or email at TRYLK9@YAHOO.COM. Thank you,
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete