Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nightmare Before Christmas Wreath

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/195765915025802198/
Visit d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net

I love from October all the way to April. There is something to do and decorate and look forward to each month. Halloween is by far my favorite. Even since the movie came out when I was seven, The Nightmare Before Christmas has always been one of my favorite movies. We watch it twice a year, once for Halloween and once the night before Christmas ;) 

 


When I saw the wreath (though it's supposed to be a joke) I loved it. I always like to be different than other people and so I thought this was perfect. 

What you need:
Hot glue gun
Sharpie
Wreath (got mine at Target for $8. I looked everywhere and theirs was the fullest for the price)
Yellow Easter egg that opens from it's side (rather than the traditional top and bottom)
White poaster board
Red ribbon ( I didn't have felt, so I made due with what I had) When I get Felt I'm changing it
Holly Berries (not pictured, still must buy some- it was expensive everywhere?)

Directions:
First thing I did was pull the wreath apart more to make it fuller. I made a basic bow and hot glued it into place. For the eyes I actually had to magic erase the bumble bee off so that I could draw the pupils in. I placed them slanted on the wreath, added the pupil and glued them into place. The hardest thing was the teeth. I laid the wreath on the board and sketched the teeth into place, then removed it, cut it our and hot glued it into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment