Friday, December 14, 2012

Chipotle inspired Veggie Burrito

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915023979824/
edibleperspective.com

I love Chipotle. The whole thing about them.. I actually feel they are worth paying more for. My wallet doesn't always agree. Thanks to this nice blogger I was able to get a knock off and try it tonight for dinner.  This was incredibly close. More so than I'd ever gotten.


I used:
Pinto canned beans (for black beans check original blogger)
Shredded Cheese (if Vegan, leave out)
Regular Safeway salsa (can make your own if desired)

Veggies:
Green pepper
Green bell pepper
Red pepper
red onion

Heat a pan to medium and add enough oil to coat pan. Once it is hot, add tll the chopped veggies. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste. Stir every minute or so until the veggies soften slightly and start to brown. (aprox: 6-8 minutes)

Lime rice:
White (or brown) rice
Lime juice
Salt
double the amount of water (example: 3/4 cup rice and 1 1/2 cups water)

Heat rice and small amount of oil in sauce pan. When it starts to get translucent, add the water and put a lid on it. let it rise to a boil and then reduce heat. Let it cook until done. Add Lime juice and cilantro. Then the one thing I didn't know- salt! What a difference.

Add in any order (or Chipotle order: Rice, beans, veggies, cheese and salsa)


No comments:

Post a Comment