Thursday, February 14, 2013

Giant rice krispie "Kiss"

 http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915024485631/
http://katiedail.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/hersheys-kiss/
Eight years ago today was mine and my husbands very first Valentines Day together as a couple. In the gift basket he had made for me was a giant Hershy Kiss. As kids we use to both always want them. Even after getting one is sat on a shelf and moved from apartment to apartment with us until about 4 years ago (gross, I know).

Anyway I saw this pin and thought immediatly of that Valentine's day 8 years ago, I thought I'd make him one out of rice krispie (which I knew would be eaten).

Start by making rice krispies ( I did half a recipe of: 1 1/2 TBL spoons butter, 2 cups mini marshmallow and 3 cups cereal). I let it set for a few minutes and then got ready to form the kiss. I don't actually have a funnel, but even without one I was able to shape the rice krispie into the "kiss" form by buttering my hands.
Then I wrapped it in plastic wrap, and again in foil. Using tissue paper I wrote "Happy Valentines Day" and used it as the tag for the signature look.

MORE VALENTINE IDEAS:
Valentine Day to show care
Card for family from kids
funny Valentine Card for Serious relationship

No comments:

Post a Comment