Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pet bed for American Girl Doll

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915024427357/
http://jembellish.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/pet-bed-tutorial-anyone-can-sew-this-in.html?m=1

If you follow my other blog, you know that I am making pet beds for my daughters American Girl Pets. I made one a square one. I saw this circular one this morning and I kind of liked it better for the fabric I was going to use.

Now I admit after reading the blog I got a little confused with her TT measuring...so I just did the best I could. I first took Ginger and chose a good sized circle (ours happened to be 7 1/2 inches round. I trace the container onto my fabric. Then I put batting in between those pieces of fabric.

To make the sides I used strips (folded) one was 20 3/4 inches long and 3 inches high. for the little part where the pet comes in and out i used a 4inch long by 1 1/2 inches high (picture says 3- but it's wrong). Also stuffed with batting. I then pinned it all together and sewed it closed. to give the front a clean look I took the short piece and sandwiched it into the long strip. Then I hemmed the edges closed and sewed them together (the stitches are visible, but I think it looks OK).

**If you found this funny, useful or made it, follow me and share your pictures!**

My other American Girl items:
school supplies
feel better kit  (Just like McKenna's!)
Gymnastics accessories
head band
Minnie Mouse ears
sleeping bags
sleeping mask
pillow dress
accessories
pet accessories
generic witch costume,
Tutu Style Witch Costume 
Scooby Doo Costume
Square Dog bed

No comments:

Post a Comment