Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crazy Grandma's Rolls part 2

onecrazycookie.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022282083/


A couple of days ago I tried to make these and failed miserably. I killed my yeast because I didn't wait long enough to let the milk mixture cool. This time I started at 1pm and at 4pm they are officially done!


Someone's Grandma's Rolls
In a saucepan, combine:
2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
Bring to a boil and let cool. (it was pointed out that it is very important to let this cool)

In a small bowl combine:
1 cup water (about 110-115 degrees)
2 Tbs yeast
2 tsp sugar
Set aside and let dissolve.

Add:
2 1/2 tsp. salt
3 beaten eggs
8-10 cups flour


I combined my yeast, water and sugar in a bowl and set it aside while in a sauce pan heated the milk, butter and more sugar.  When the sauce pan mixture boiled, I quickly took it off and start letting it cool. The original sources that it's "very important" This is where I  killed my yeast. After everything was mixed, I placed it in a greased bowl and let it double in size.



Next you get to punch the dough down and shape Punch down,
 
 cover and let rise again until doubled in size.

After dough has risen a second time, divide in half. Each half will make a cookie sheet. Form your rolls and place on a greased cookie sheet a little ways apart.

Let rise 30 minutes.


Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
I always butter the tops of my rolls right after they come out of the oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment