Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wooden spoon prevents boiling over?

http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2011/10/did-you-know.html
http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022909113



 If you look at the photo you can see a bit of water spilling over the edge- not like it typically does though. Probably because even though I felt like I was filling the pot "a lot" it wasn't enough to make it spill over a lot.

So we cook Spaghetti very frequently in our house. It's cheap, it's easy and well, tastes good (especially with baked cheese on top). Now I typically don't over fill my pot in the first place and after I place the pasta in I turn it down to 7 and let it cook. But a long time ago I didn't.  I would try to wooden spoon thing and it didn't work.



One thing I found interesting is that the bubbles actually formed up around the spoon and created enough of them to spill over more.


********* Another try***

 It still was spilling over. Maybe not as much as it does without, but still spilling
Alright, We had mac and cheese last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment