Monday, March 25, 2013

Barnyard cupcakes

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/barn-cake-with-farm-animal-cupcakes/2a0223c9-5aa3-455f-8a23-a9c4cd3aab27


Again, I'm going to drone on and on about my daughters hoedown (Finally it's tomorrow!!) I had to bake 125 mini cupcakes this morning. Needless to say, my house smells great:
 
 And I cut an entire bag of mini marshmallows in half:
Since the kids are going to be doing most of the decorating in class and I had a few extras so I let my 5 year old make most of each one to give me an idea on how long it will take to make them.

COW:
2 halves of  mini marshmallow and 2 mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
pink icing for the mouth and two more mini chocolate chips for the nostrils
two mini yellow M&M's for the horns

Ice the cupcake white. Add a pink mouth, eyes and horns.


PIG:
 2 mini Chocolate chips for eyes
2 mini chocolate chips for nostrils

Ice the whole cupcake pink. Add two triangles for the ears. Add snout.

CHICKEN:
Since there are kids allergic to nuts, we used yellow sugar instead of coconut.
3orange mini M&M's
2 mini chocolate chips

 Ice cupcake yellow, quickly dip into yellow sprinkles (to make sure it sticks). Add eyes, beak and feet.

SHEEP:

Mini marshmallows (halved)
2 mini chocolate chips

Ice cupcake white, add pink for face (kinda in the middle) Add a pink dot of icing for nose, and the eyes.


OTHER ACTIVITIES WE ARE DOING FOR OUR HOEDOWN:

farm animal hats,
 barn door back drop.
Twig frame
Salt Dough animals
Pony rides
Petting zoo
Lasso the cows (Cow cut outs and hula hoops)
Line Dancing
Sack races
Horse shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment