Friday, March 22, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate chip Cookies

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915024662143/
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/48acadc3-f7e1-46b5-bb33-33bee95f6cf7?nicam4=SocialMedia&nichn4=Pinterest&niseg4=BettyCrocker&nicreatID4=Post

This seems to be my most popular pin on pintrest right now, so I thought I'd give it a shot!



1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired


In large bowl or mixer,  stir brown sugar and butter until nicely blended. Next stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy Add in oats, flour, baking soda and salt, along with the chocolate chips and nuts.  You can always add more Chocolate chips- I won't tell ;)

Now, because I cut mine in half I had to add a little extra flour (because of the egg) Also, mine was still a little soft (from the butter) So I let my set in the fridge for an hour.
 
Preheat over to 350 and drop by spoonful onto the ungreased cookie sheet. Just for fun we did half the batch on parchment paper to see it there would be a difference. There really wasn't

Verdict: Super good! Much better than the last batch we had made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment