Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Shaken Passion Fruit Tea

http://shadycatladysmom.wordpress.com/2012/03/23/starbucks-shaken-passion-fruit-tea/



Anyway With the heat coming on sometimes I like to have a sweet drink to accompany me during the long days. I've made passion fuirt tea before, but it always comes out gross. I found out from Starbucks once that they use liquid sugar.

Yesterday though I ordered one (no sweetener)  and added Splenda  to it and it came out just fine. That's when I found this pin.

Directions:
8 cups of water
1 cup sugar (or splenda- a little less if you're using splenda)
4 tea bags.

Bring the water to a boil, add in the sugar and 4 tea bags. Let it sit for about an hour and a half.

RESULTS: JUST LIKE STARBUCKS! Finally!!! The only problem I had was I used the same amount of Splenda and it came out a little too sweet. No biggie, I just have to add a bit of water to it before drinking it.

Happy Summer Drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment