Pintrest Objective: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022279463/
Fist, you'll need the pattern from the pin or get it from the original blogger here: grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com
Make sure where the original poster marked is 1 inch. If it is not, just add to it (remember it's easier to cut it down then it is to add more!)
Cut pattern out and pin to fabric. Then cut that out. We chose green because it's March and close to Saint Patricks day.
Pin the body of the dress together and sew
For the arm bands:
1) lay the fabric flat, then fold it in half and unfold. The crease is your middle and will help you make a 1/4 inch hem.
2) Fold one of the ends in toward the crease. (pin the middle)
Now it's time to add the arm strings to the dress!
1)Since you know where the middle it, find the middle of the body part of the dress. Pin the FOLDED part onto it, leaving the unfolded part to fold over the "raw" edge of the dress and be on the inside of the dress. (Trust me this is better explained right now than it was on the original- I sat there for 30 minutes before figuring out what they were doing!!!)
right side of the dress
2) Sew together
3) Repeat that same step on the other side
Sewing the drawstrings
1) Fold end of drawstring 1/4 inch.
2)Next fold in each end toward the middle
3)Then again until you have a long string.
4)Now...you have to sew it. (Hopefully you don't run into the same problem I did and break the thread and not realize it and then have to pin it all over again!)
Making the dress
1) Fold the top front of the dress over 1/4 inch and then again 1/2 inch. This will be where you put the drawstring through.
2) Repeat with the top back of the dress
3)Sew it up.
Adding the Drawstring
The original poster of this used a safety pin to thread the drawstring through the opening... I didn't have one and had to do it with a needle. That alone took 20 minutes while watching Tangled.
1)Place on American Girl doll and pull the drawstrings together and tie at the top.
2)Add a ribbon around the waist and tie for a different look.