**Quoted Directly from Betty Crocker**
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting, if desired(which I didn't use)
- 1 Heat oven to 350ºF (325ºF for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan(we used 9x9 because I like them a little thicker) with cooking spray, or grease with shortening. Make brownie mix as directed on box. Spread in pan.
- 2 Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly. Then we decided we really wanted it mixed and started swirling the cookies a little (p.s. my cookie batter was a little soft because my butter was a little too soft)
- 3 Bake 42 to 47 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Frost with frosting. For brownies, cut into 7 rows by 6 rows.
- Verdict: After smelling them bake for 40 minutes (raw middle? try wrapping the edges in tin foil so you can just bake the center) It smelled amazing- Then I had to let it cool- which was torture. I'm reminded of that pin that says they waited five minutes for their food to cook they are going to let their mouth burn before waiting one more minute for it to cool down. So they finally are just warm. I have to say they mainly taste like brownies with come melted chocolate chips in them. You can't really taste the cookies unless you get a big cookie piece.
The following night (after they were completely cool) tasted muuuuch better! You could actually taste like they have cookie dough in it.