Thursday, September 13, 2012

Grilled PB&J Sandwhich

nceasyfood.org
http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915023366140/



I admit, this one had me at "peanut butter". I typically love toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and figured: this has got to be good!! Since there was no original source (which we all know if you're following me it drives me crazy) So I assume it's like a grilled cheese sandwich.

I lightly buttered one side of two pieces of toast. Then I added peanut butter and a dab of jelly and put it on the griddle.



and cooked both sides until it was a nice golden brown



Results:
It was good.  A little soggy in the centers despite my attempts of putting a light coat of butter on the toast. Was it worth the extra calories and time? Not really. I love melty peanut butter and I get the same effects (and crunchier toast) if I just use my toaster.

(if you look close to the top bite mark you can see it even looks a little soggy)



No comments:

Post a Comment