Wednesday, September 26, 2012

S'more Kripsie Treat

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022912815/
http://www.countrycleaver.com/2012/06/smores-graham-krispie-treats-and-tuesday-wedding-things.html


So I admit, after the s'more crescent roll I have a bit of a craving for baked marshmallows and other s'more goodness. I remembered I had pinned this and decided: it was time.

Ingredients:

1 bag (10 oz) Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips + 1 for topping
1 box (12 0z) Golden Grahams Cereal
6 Tbsp Butter
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Non-Stick Cooking Spray

Directions:

Like when you're making classice rice krispie treats you want to be ready. Start by greasing a 9x9 pan, set it aside for later.

On medium heat, melt the butter in a large pan, add the marshmallows and  vanilla then mix until smooth. Add in the golden graham cereal and mix thoroughly. I added my chocolate chips a little early (can you tell I was antsy?).

Scoop into the 9x9 pan, smoothing out the top and adding a little bit more chocolate chips if you want (and who doesn't want that?).  Let it set :(


So I admit, like when I make rice krispies I ate some while it was warm. The cereal is not as crunch as it was when it was pre-mixed. It still tastes similar to smores- but I don't think it was as good as the Pillsbury s'mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment