Sunday, October 21, 2012

Erupting pumpkin

http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2012/09/erupting-pumpkins-experiment-for-kids.html
http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915023695146/




We are very into science in our house. So it only felt fitting to have at least one science experiment at the Halloween party. We had seen an erupting volcano before, but a pumpkin? Oh this we had to do. Luckily we had grown well over enough pumpkins in our garden to accommodate all the girls at the party as well as the erupting pumpkin. Before the party I cut, scooped and carved it. While the girls' (all nine of them) gathered in the entry way of my kitchen I sprinkled a bunch of baking soda at the base of the pumpkin. Next we chose some green food coloring to add a little color- who wants white?


Then I added the vinegar and it began to foam. I really wish I had been able to get it on tape because the girls' were all amazed and it really was cool to watch it foam and go everywhere.
Decorate a pumpkin and mask
Monster Door
Photo Booth Props
Games and Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment