Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ruffle skirt for American Girl

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915023634600/
http://quelinda-crafts.blogspot.com/search/label/tutorial?updated-max=2011-10-03T13:22:00-07:00&max-results=20&start=24&by-date=false

Alright the original pin I was going to use was spam, so I had to find a regular one and just down size. I used Kirsten's skirt pattern (found here for free) I  shortened it and cut semi it in half. It looked like this when I was done:

If sort of resembled a mini skirt.

So I pinned that to black fabric,cut it out, hemmed and sewed the bottom, and made a BIG this was my base. Next I chose the Halloween fabric I was going to use for Hailey's. Let me tell you, originally I was going to  make the likes vertical in long strips. Then I didn't like it and so I changed it to what I'm doing now. I cut them into  patches and sewed them back together. The ruffles strips must be the length of the base skirt and a half. Next hem each strip of fabric and sew it up.

 After that you gather the fabric and pin it to the black base. The top layer must be sewn right side to right side and flipped down. It will not stay down until the skirt is sewn together.

The next row can be sewn just under the first ruffle and so forth until you're done with  your ruffles. You can add as many ruffles as you like.
The tops were kinda thrown together. Using the Kirsten Birthday  shirt pattern I added length and width and the shapes- they look like this The white one is the front cut onto a fold:

 My youngest is going through a "tie top tank top" and my oldest liked the halter top look. The curved one is also cut on a fold
.


 After the fact my youngest wanted her shirt changed.


My other American Girl items:
No sew tutu
Witch Costume
school supplies
feel better kit  (Just like McKenna's!)
Gymnastics accessories
head band
Minnie Mouse ears
sleeping bags
sleeping mask
pillow dress
accessories
pet accessories

**If you found this funny, useful or both, please follow me. I get a little lonely! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment