Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scooby Doo photo props

http://www.etsy.com/listing/96092375/photobooth-prop-scooby-doo-and-friends?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915023639140


Alright so Hannah is really into Scooby-Doo! right now and I thought for her birthday we would make a photo booth so that I get all the kids pictures. I happened to be searching other props when I found the Scooby-Doo one and just had to make it. Since it's on Etsy, I decided I'd make my own instead. They are actually easier to make than you think.

The first thing I did was find coloring pages of each character, then put it into paint workshop. I cropped out all the things I didn't want (i.e. faces, eyes, bodies) and kept only what I did. When I was satisfied with how they looked, I made sure my print preview that the image was the whole page. I printed it off, cut it out and traced it onto a piece of cardboard (I've been using hot cocoa and cereal boxes).

Once it is on cardboard I pinned it to the color of felt that I needed and cut that out. I turned on my hot glue gun and let that warm up while I snipped the sharp parts of the kabob sticks off. When the glue gun was ready I glued it all down. Half way through my printer died and I had to sketch Daphne's by hand using the size of Velma's as a template. Then it worked for Fred's ascot, then had to fake Scooby's collar and Shaggy's goatee.

The results are great. Are they are precise as the person on etsy? probably not (but at least Fred's ascot is the right color). It was also a heck of a lot cheaper!


No comments:

Post a Comment