Thursday, April 26, 2012

Braided Calzone Pizza

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915021958650/
squidoo.com

So since there is no original source, I just used my typical  pizza recipe



What you'll need:
 5 cups flour
1 TBLspoon honey (trust me)
2 tsp salt
1 TBLpoon yeast
2TBLspoon oil
1 3/4- 2 cups water

(You may need to cut this in half or you will have a lot of of dough!)

Combine  yeast to warm water (at 110-115 degrees). Add a pinch of sugar to help it activate. Set aside. Add all the dry ingredients to the mixer, turn on. Add honey, oil and yeast/water (when ready) mix for 2- 3 minutes. You may have to knead the rest by hand. place in greased bowl


Roll dough out into more of a rectangle shape, using a pair of scissors, cut the sides. Add your sauce and toppings to the middle. Now it's time to braid it closed. take the ride side piece over to the left, left sides to the right. Always alternating



Until fully braided.


This was about the point where I went "crap" Next time I need to braid this ON my cookie sheet!!

So I used a spatula and got it on. Baked it at 450 for about 12 minutes. (mine is TINY)  your cooking time will vary based on size


Verdict: tastes amazing, just like a calzone :)

***If you found this helpful, funny or anything else. Please follow me! I get kinda lonely :( ****

No comments:

Post a Comment