Start by cutting the top off of the apple, take a knife and slightly cut the inside of the apple, leaving a "wall" of apple on the inside. Used a spoon to dig out the apple.
To fill the apple, I cut another apple and then cut them into cubes.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
So it's a little deceiving, they look like rotten apples after they've been cooked. They taste a little sour- but it wasn't terrible. I do like my mini apple pies better- which brings me to
So I already cut my apples, added my ingredients (found below) I rolled the pie crust out and used a butter lid to cut it, then rolled it a little thinner and placed it in a GREASED cupcake tin
Dutch (or crumb topped) apple pie filling
- 5 large Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Simple Pie crust:
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 1/2 tsp vinigar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, room temperature
- Preheat oven to degrees 375 for 50 minutes