Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Corn dogs

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022234818/
glutenfreely.com

Ingredients:

  • Oil for deep frying
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal (gluten free)
  • 1/2 cup Bisquick (gluten free)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 package of hot dogs (gluten free)
  • Sticks, if desired

Directions:

While oil is pre heating in the frying pan, mix together all the ingredients...Mine (since I cut it in half from the original poster above) was a little too liquidy, because after all you can't really cut an egg in half.  

 

I tried my first dog and it didn't look like it was working,

so I pulled it out and cut it in half.

Put half the hot dog (cut into smaller pieces) and part of the mix into a muffin pan- 

 

I had seen another pin where you could bake corn dogs like this and make them bite size....

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022251843/ tastyfoodpics.blogspot.com

I baked them at 375 until golden brown.

Soooo  anyway... I had to add a little more bisquick to my mix to make it a little thicker.

That was funny because when I put my second, third and fourth corn dog in, the batter was cooking itself off. 

 

Verdicts: 

 

The baked ones 

 

were rubbery- none of the three of us ate them- we pulled the hot dog pieces out and the girls ate them with their mac and cheese.

 

The deep fried one:

  Too much oil for my taste- I think they  tasted more like funnel cake dough without powder sugar. The hot dogs fried in oil tasted better by themselves- which sounds nasty...buuut it's the truth. All in all it was too much oil for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment