Sunday, May 27, 2012

Crochet Baby Hat

  This was a two day pin- it was that long, just getting answers was the hard part.


Pintrest Objective: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022330802/

So I've been trying to learn to crochet. My mom taught me the "chain stitch" and another stitch and she doesn't know the name. And let me tell you, I can make one hell of a chain stitch. But I always get lost after the first row I make going the opposite direction. For some reason I decided learning a hat would be easier... I have watched this video about 20 times and she goes EXTREMELY fast for beginners like myself. I did have to check out a book from the library just to figure out half the stitches in slow motion.
This other pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915021968029/ became very helpful.

Also try http://www.dummies.com/how-to/crafts-hobbies/Crocheting.html

I started my knot by making the loop and pulling the hook through. Holding the string I chained 5

and connected them by putting the hook back through the very first chain we made, looping the yarn and pulling it through.

This is where I'd get confused. What you do for the ring part now is put the hook through the middle of the circle, pull the yarn through so you have two strands on your hook and do a single stitch, repeat 8 times. Now you should have something that looks like this:

No you're going to put TWO single crochets into each chain that you have. Confused? Oh good, me too. I think that when I learned crochet lingo I lost some vital information about other things...but I can't quite put my finger on what...


Just keep going until you decided to be finished. To make it curve in (thanks video lady for saying "just finish it like you always do!" even though this is for BEGINNERS!)  I had to ask a couple of people and google it to find out you skip one chain every so often to make it start curving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment