1st grade is celebrating Dr. Suess' birthday on Friday, but I need time to decorate the cupcakes so I am making these to help celebrate in the classroom.
What you'll need:
red and blue food coloring
Tip: 2B (for the hat) 101 (for the stripes), 18 (blue stars--you don't HAVE to have this one..just makes it look cool)
1)Bake the cupcakes according to the package. When they are done, let them sit for 2 minutes before placing on a wire rack until fully cooled.
2) Make the butter cream icing....
3) When the cupcakes are cooled, use the star tip and swirl a blue base onto the cup cake. Let it set for about 2 minutes.
side note: my daughter has the Girl Gourmet cake set (don't buy it, it tastes terrible!!!) anyway, the mini cake turner worked perfect for the mini cupcakes.
4) Using the rose tip. With one movement make a sweep motion to make a curvy hat.
5) Using white icing and small rose tip, add the stripes.
6) When you have finished the strips, use a hole tip and add the brim of the hat.
21 mini cupcakes for the students and one regular size for the teacher