Monday, March 12, 2012

Rainbow White Bread

pintrest objective: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022287367/


So this pin did not have any direction on how to make it. I chose to make the Basic White Bread recipe from my Kitchen Aid mixer book. Follow the directions from my Sew Crafty blog. You should add the food coloring BEFORE it rises. I've done cinnamon rolls AFTER a rise and it didn't mix well.

Divide the dough into  6 balls, add the food coloring and mix thoroughly.

This was the annoying part... my hands are now dyed every color imaginable..


Place all in greased bowl together and let rise for an hour or until doubled in size.




Sprinkle flour onto counter top and roll bread dough out (either individually or as a whole). Roll up like a Jelly roll, pinching the sides in.




Let rise again for an hour or until doubled in size.


Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Take out of oven and immediately turn onto wire rack.



verdict: Well, the colors are not as pronounced as the pins (Which makes me second guess the authenticity of the photo since there was no original source). I think it has something to do with the dough being fully separated BEFORE mixing and the color added then. Either way it was fun and my girls' love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment