Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pound cake

 Pintrest Objective: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022317327/


So March 4th is National pound cake day! I wish I could make my moms recipe because it is THE best. however it's not a pin and I don't have sour cream or cream cheese.

After clicking through about a bazillion links to lead me to the recipe for the pound cake I chose I was excited to find out that I had everything for it!


What you'll need:
Ingredients
  • 1 pound butter, softened
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • Orange Glaze
  • Makes about 1/2 cup

  • 1 1/2 cups powder sugar
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice 

  • Here is a recipe calculator to cut the recipe in half if you want!

  • Here is my new one:
0.5 pound butter (1 stick or 1 cup)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
3 eggs
2 cups flour
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon almond
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup powder sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
    Directions
     Cream the butter; gradually add sugar until light and fluffy. 
     
    Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Slowly add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in almond and vanilla extracts.  
     
    because I cut my recipe in half and half again  I had to add just a little bit of extra flour to the batch.

     Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.



    Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.  (which I don't own and so I'm using a small loaf pan)

    Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.

     Note: Mine did not form the "round top" because I did cut my recipe in half. We're a family of four people, we can't eat that much!

      Orange Glaze:

      In a small bowl, combine powder sugar and orange juice mix  until smooth.

      Verdict?: The glaze is good, but I just didn't like the pound cake. Sorry Mr. food

      Lemon Glaze



      In a bowl combine powder sugar and lemon juice. mix until smooth

      Verdict: I put a little too much lemon in it, but still good.

      Original website: Mr.food.com

      No comments:

      Post a Comment