Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easter Egg Wreath

Pintrest Challenge: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022338617/
Originally blogged: http://www.robinbecksnest.com/2010/03/super-cute-easter-craft.html


What you'll need:
Plastic Easter Eggs
Easter Grass
Ribbon
Hot glue gun and sticks
Cardboard to make wreath

So to make the wreath I traced a dinner plate onto my open cereal box, and a dinner plate into the middle. That felt flimsy, so I did a second one and glued them together using my home made mod podge.

I let that set and waited for the girls to get home from school. Add a string around the cardboard for hanging. We separated last year eggs out by the colors we wanted to use: Pastels in green, blue, purple and pink. Warming our hot glue gun up we began gluing the little plastic eggs onto our cardboard wreath.

When we had covered up the whole wreath it was time to  glue in the grass. I really hate this stuff- it gets all over the place and you find it forever after Easter... It's like sand at the beach. Luckily I read the original bloggers post about how she burned herself a lot... what you do is put glue into the hole and poke it into the empty spots with a pencil.

Now, I don't really know how to make a bow, except for my basic bow
So I made one of those and hot glue it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment