Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Saint Patricks Day Cucakes

 Pintrest Objective 1)http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022327927/ ---Originally I was going to do a different cupcake for my daughters school. Then I found this one and fell in love. So jealous I can't seem to be creative anymore.




Pintrest Objective 2) http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022364234/

Way early this morning:
So I've been up since about 4:30am. Why? because my husband got up. Why? I don't know. I'm starting to think he's a spy...

Anyway I've put one kid back to bed and have had almost a full cup of coffee and have skimmed all of my usual websites. It's about 5:50am now.... I'm thinking to myself, "Why wait until 9am to make something? Make the most of today...see how much you can get done in one day." I'm gonna go make me some cupcakes. I'm also thinking to myself "I need more coffee.." That or  I've slowly lost my mind...


What you'll need:
Favorite cake mix
6 bowls
food coloring
lots of forks
cupcake liners
icing or butter cream icing

Decoration
Mini M&M's
Jr. Mints (that I forgot to buy so had to substitute with Hersheys "drops" or with just brown M&Ms regular size)
 yellow coarse sugar sprinkles (if you only have white try putting some in a zip loc bag with a couple drops of yellow food coloring).
Tip:  21   (for clouds)

Directions:
Make cake mix according to package.


Separate the batter into 5 other bowls (the one you're using can be the 6th bowl). Dye them with food coloring: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.


scoop out small portions (about a teaspoon) of each color batter into one cupcake mold until you have the colors of the rainbow.


Bake until fully done and let cool until cold.


Prepare butter cream icing (or if you're using regular can frosting skip ahead).



Dye icing: blue and leave the white for the clouds. cover the base of the cupcake with blue icing.

 With white icing add clouds. Then add mini M&M's in rainbow order (obviously skipping purple).


Pot of Gold
dip the tip of the chocolate candy into icing:




and then into yellow sprinkles:

The original poster was a genius!




place on cupcakes


So a couple made their way back home... I had one for dessert:

No comments:

Post a Comment