Thursday, March 1, 2012

French Bread- part 2

So yesterday did not go well. at ALL. I couldn't believe I messed up French bread! So I chose a new recipe from pintrest (the one I was originally planning to do and then changed my mind- that'll teach me!). And decided to try again. And yes I count this as an extra pin.

Pintrest Objective: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022302618/

Originally blogged with more instructions by : Steamykitchen.com


What you'll need:

4 cups flour
2 teaspoon active yeast
2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups warm water

Directions
Put 3 3/4 cups of flour (reserve 1/4 cup of the table) and salt into mixer. Warm water to 110-115 degrees and add yeast. Let it activate.

When the dough is mixed, take out and knead the rest of the 1/4 cup of flour into the dough.


place in greased bowl and let rise for 30 minutes.


When it's doubled in size, take out onto floured surface. re-shape into a ball, then roll it out into the shape of a rectangle.

fold dough inward


and then once again , pinching the ends closed.

place on grease cookie sheet, let rise for another 30 minutes. Once doubled in size, take out of oven and make 3 slashes onto the dough.

bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.




Verdict: This one came out better... but not perfect. I'm just not a French bread making kinda gal..

No comments:

Post a Comment