Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blueberry bread

Pintrest Objective: http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022349231/


So This one took me a while to decide to make. Mainly because I had to search "What is rolled oats and turbinado sugar". (if you knew what those were you may laugh at me). Once I realized that they were just oatmeal and raw sugar I was set to make my bread. Now I like blueberry muffins...I seemed to be the only one in my house that does (even my knock off Starbucks muffins!) That's a bad thing when you're a girl who likes to eat like I do-but can you imagine 24 blueberry muffins all to yourself? Yeah I'll have to do a lot of crunches just to work that off. So I'm hoping that this bread will have different results in my house and I'm not the only one who eats it. This claims to taste like blueberry muffins...so here is hoping




What you'll need:
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups white flour
1 cup rolled oats   ( I used just regular oats)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 Tbsp turbinado sugar (I used organic cane sugar)


Directions:

Combine all the dry ingredients (except turbinado sugar). Mix-a-mix-a-mix


add eggs and milk. Mix-a-mix-a-mix



last add the blueberries and Mix-a-mix-a-mix



Scoop the mix into a greased loaf pan. Now I noticed mine was kinda thick...I'm hoping that's normal because the original blogger didn't have pictures. Sprinkle the suga' on.



Bake at 350 degrees for 40-55 minutes or until it is fully done. Now I'm still learning my new oven and things tend to cook fast so I have to keep a close watch on my bread. After 40 minutes of baking mine was not fully cooked. I had to fashion a tin foil cover for the edges to make sure they didn't burn and placed it back into the oven for another 10 minutes...it still wasn't done...after 60 minutes: not done... 70 minutes: Almost done... 75minutes later: DONE!!! Whew! I was getting worried.


I let it set for 10 minutes in the pan and then took it out to cool on the rack so that I could work out.


Verdict:
It is NOT a blueberry muffin (then again my muffins have a crumb top---that would be SO good on this).... it's good. But it really could use a little more sugar. I think if I were to ever make this again it would be 1/2cup oats and 1/2cup sugar. for now? I'll stick with muffins.

UPDATE: March 15th: So I tried it again this morning after it had been left over night in a zip loc. It taste much better, especially with butter.

Originally blogged by: plainchicken.com

No comments:

Post a Comment